You may have heard that BrandSource is America’s largest merchandising and marketing group for independent appliance, furniture, bedding and consumer tech dealers. And that as a true retail co-op, it is 100-percent owned by its...
COVID-19: Importance of Social Media Engagement
Social media engagement plays a much larger role in communicating with your customers than you may realize, especially right now. Daily time spent on social channels has risen drastically over the past few weeks, and our team is seeing the results of that in the data. So what have we seen, and how should you be engaging with your customers on social channels?
While we know that people are still very much in need of appliances, furniture, mattresses and consumer electronics, some folks not on the purchasing end may not realize that these are essential items in certain situations. Some of our members have reported to us that they’ve received some negative feedback from the community because their delivery trucks are still seen out and about. What should you do?
- Stay on top of the feedback and assure your community that you are taking all necessary steps to protect both your employees and your customers.
- Don’t ignore positive feedback! Engage with even those who are happy to see you assisting the community you’re serving.
- Be mindful that this is a stressful time for everyone, and acknowledge your community while staying positive.
Organic Social Media
Organic content and engagement is just as helpful to your business as social advertising, just in a different way. Your customers want to know that you’re human, and you’re thinking of them even now. Below are a few ideas to get you started with engaging:
- Post your store hours and let customers know the best ways to get ahold of the team and shop.
- Keep your content informative, helpful, and positive. If you need assistance with content, our team has developed numerous images and infographics that you can use!
- Start a contest among your followers and to gain new ones. Everyone is cooking more at home than they have before, so have the users snap a pic, post it to their feed using #cookingwith[dealername] and pick a winner at random who will receive a prize of your choosing. It could be a free range, a digital gift card to a local eatery who delivers, etc. Use this as an opportunity to connect with your community, provide entertainment and give back to your fellow business owners in need.
So how about the advertising side of things? Well, our team reviewed the data and saw:
- Large spikes (up to 50% increases) in overall reach across Facebook ad campaigns. This means your same budget is allowing more people to see and interact with your ads.
- Up to 130% increases in Add To Carts from the previous period with corresponding 60% increase in online purchases. This means, in the Facebook ad accounts running Catalog Remarketing, we are staying top of mind and capturing the consumer’s attention at the right moment, and moving them to purchase.
- Overall U.S. traffic from Facebook to other websites has increased by more than 50% week-on-week.
This all means that you should be leaning into your social media efforts, not shying away from it. There’s never been a better time to engage with your audience, and the best thing you can do is stop overthinking and start posting.
BrandSource is the leading member-owned buying organization for independent appliance, home furnishings and consumer tech dealers. Its parent company, AVB, is a $20 billion co-op that provides merchandising, financing and digital marketing services to nearly...